131975235_835786333661874_77878458981612611_n copy

CUMBERLAND – The roof at Dave's Market on Diamond Hill Road in Cumberland did not collapse Friday morning as rumored, said Chief Nicholas Anderson. It is now reopened to customers.

According to Anderson, the reason fire trucks were on the scene Friday morning was because a piece of heating insulation came out of one of the heating units in the ceiling and was burning, causing a smell. The monitors were able to detect some carbon monoxide, he said, and staff evacuated and ventilated the building.

Upon further investigation, it was learned that both the smell and the carbon monoxide were due to the burning piece of insulation, said Anderson. The reason fire personnel were on the roof was to make sure no snow or ice was blocking the ventilation systems, said Anderson, and all was found to be clear.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.