NORTH PROVIDENCE – The Mancini Center announces a new addition to its newsletter. “Ask The Doctor” is a new Q & A column written by Dr. Giordano-Perez, medical director for Tri-County Community Action Agency Health Center. He will address members’ medical questions and write his analysis in the center’s newsletter. Submit your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the front desk at the Mancini Center. Questions will be reviewed and answered accordingly. All personal information will be kept confidential.
The following programs are offered:
• Flu shot clinics are available on Thursday, Oct. 7, 2-4 p.m., for members only, and Thursday, Oct. 14, 2-4 p.m., for the public. Open to ages 60 and up. Appointments required. Call 401-231-0742.
• Blood pressure screenings are available for members on Tuesday, Oct. 12, 10-11 a.m.
• On Friday, Oct. 15, from 1 to 2 p.m., a representative from United Healthcare will be at the center to review and answer questions for 2022 Medicare Complete Plans.
• A fall harvest grab-and-go hot lunch is offered to members on Thursday, Oct. 28. The lunch is sponsored by Golden Crest and catered by BAR 101. The menu includes pumpkin ravioli, sliced roast beef, roasted potatoes, carrots, roll, dessert and beverage. Reservations are limited. Call 401-231-0742.
• For complete class schedules, visit www.mancinicenter.com .
• The Mancini Center is offering day trips and short excursions to senior members. Reservations are available for an upcoming show at the Newport Playhouse. Dec. 7 — “A Christmas for Carol.” The show includes a buffet lunch. Contact the Mancini Center at 401-231-0742 for details.
• Day Trips and excursions offered through RDC Tours include: Nov. 6 – New England Christmas Festival at Mohegan Sun Expo Center; Nov. 7 — Encore Casino in Boston; Nov. 27 – New York City; Dec. 1 – “Sarah Brightman: A Christmas Symphony;” Dec. 4 – Christmas Prelude at Kennebunkport, Maine. For information, contact Richard Cece at 401-529-7802.