NORTH PROVIDENCE – The North Providence Mancini Center, 2 Atlantic Blvd., announces the following programs.
• URI Pharmacy Outreach presents Staying Healthy and Fit Through Diet and Exercise on Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 10 a.m. Call the center at 401-231-0742 to register for this presentation.
• Blood pressure screenings are available for members on Thursday, Sept. 16, from 10 to 11 a.m.
• Quilting Class with Elaine is held on Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. Beginners are welcome.
• The fitness center is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Reservations are required.
• The Billiards Room is open for pool Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• For class schedules, visit www.mancinicenter.com or call 401-231-0742.
The center is offering the following day trips and short excursions, and reservations are available for the upcoming shows at the Newport Playhouse: Nov. 2, “Social Security,” and Dec. 7, “A Christmas For Carol.” All shows include a surf and turf buffet lunch. Call 401-231-0742 for details.
Day trips and excursions offered through RDC Tours include: Nov. 6, New England Christmas Festival at Mohegan Sun Expo Center; Nov. 7, Encore Casino in Boston; Nov. 12-14, Pennsylvania Dutch; Dec. 4, Christmas Prelude at Kennebunkport, Maine. Contact Richard Cece at 401-529-7802 for details.