NORTH PROVIDENCE – The North Providence Mancini Center, 2 Atlantic Blvd., announces the following programs.
• The Poker League resumes on Wednesday, Sept. 22, at 1 p.m.
• Play Bridge resumes on Thursday, Sept. 23, at 1 p.m. and is open to new players.
• URI SNAP-ED presents “Focus on Fiber” on Tuesday, Sept. 28, at 10 a.m. Learn more about how to get enough fiber in your diet and how to read the nutrition facts label. Additional resources to help with healthy eating and exercise will be distributed. Call the center at 401-231-0742 to register for this presentation.
• Blood pressure screenings are available for members on Thursday, Sept. 30, from 10 to 11 a.m.
• Representatives from the Unclaimed Property Program of Rhode Island General Treasurer Seth Magaziner will be visiting the Mancini Center on Thursday, Sept. 30, at 10 a.m. Members will have the opportunity to check their name for any unclaimed property belonging to them.
• A Phase of Life support group led by clinical psychologist Dr. Laura Messier takes place on Fridays at 11 a.m. This group will provide a supportive, safe, non-judgmental setting to discuss interpersonal and phase of life concerns. Sign up at the reception desk and mention your topic for discussion.
• The Mancini Center is seeking volunteers to facilitate the Hi Lo Jack Leagues on Monday and Thursday afternoons. Call 401-231-0742, ext. 103, if you are interested.
• For class schedules, visit www.mancinicenter.com or call 401-231-0742.
The center is offering the following day trips and short excursions, and reservations are available for the upcoming show at the Newport Playhouse: Dec. 7, “A Christmas For Carol.” All shows include a surf and turf buffet lunch. Call 401-231-0742 for details.
Day trips and excursions offered through RDC Tours include: Nov. 6, New England Christmas Festival at Mohegan Sun Expo Center; Nov. 7, Encore Casino in Boston; Nov. 12-14, Pennsylvania Dutch; Dec. 4, Christmas Prelude at Kennebunkport, Maine. Contact Richard Cece at 401-529-7802 for details.