valleybreeze.com is connected The Valley Breeze, The Valley Breeze & Observer, and The North Providence Breeze newspapers located in Lincoln, Rhode Island and owned by OBW-Breeze, LLC. Internet Web sites exist to allow for and promote interaction. In that interaction, site visitors may provide information either anonymously or purposely about themselves, either statistically or personally. valleybreeze.com is such a site.
We understand that privacy is very important to our site visitors. We want to make sure that you understand why we collect certain information, how we use it, and how we protect it. We want our guests to feel confident that their personal information is handled with great care at valleybreeze.com.
I. Information That We Collect
General statistical information:
Visits to valleybreeze.com are monitored for the accumulation of statistical information, including such things as the number of visits to the site, the pages people visit, which domains the visitors come from and the browsers people use to visit the site.
This statistical information is important to allow us to evaluate the effectiveness of the services we provide, to monitor our site performance and to make it easier for visitors to use the site.
These statistics are anonymous
Unless you tell us, through registration or communicating with us in some other way, we do not know who you are.
What about personal information I give to valleybreeze.com?
If you communicate with valleybreeze.com or register for any services on the site, we may collect the following information about you:
· E-mail address
· Name, address and telephone number
· Financial information
· Other demographic information you might volunteer, such as education or income levels, marital status, number of children in your home, hobbies or other personal interests
· Other information to be determined in the future
You may wonder why you would want to share personal information with valleybreeze.com. The more information you volunteer, the better able we are to understand who our users are and the better able we are to improve and customize our site for you. Once you register on our site for any reason, you no longer are anonymous to valleybreeze.com.
In addition to information obtained through registration, valleybreeze.com obtains personal information about you when you make a purchase. That information may include, but not be limited to, your name, address, e-mail address and what you have purchased.
From time to time, valleybreeze.com will conduct surveys on its site for research purposes. When you participate in a survey, the information you provide about yourself and the responses to the questions will be collected by valleybreeze.com.
If you contact valleybreeze.com, we may keep a record of your identity and your correspondence.
valleybreeze.com also tracks and collects your computer's IP address to help with system administration and to compile information about traffic patterns on the site. Your computer IP address identifies your computer and the network or Internet service provider to which your computer is connected.
Finally, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
valleybreeze.com does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from or about children under the age of 13 except as permitted by law. If we discover we have received any information from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe valleybreeze.com has any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. Disclosure to Third Parties
How do I know my information is safe at valleybreeze.com?
In the normal course of business, valleybreeze.com and OBW-Breeze, LLC, will not share your personal information with anyone. We will not license or rent our database of site visitor information to any outside entity. We collect this information for the sole purpose of improving valleybreeze.com and providing more and better services to our guests.
The only times we will divulge a guest's personal information to a third party are:
· If we believe in good faith that the law requires such disclosure.
· If we need to disclose the information in order to identify, contact or initiate legal action against someone violating valleybreeze.com Terms of Service, or someone who is causing injury to or interference with valleybreeze.com’s rights or property, other valleybreeze.com users, or anyone else who can be harmed by such activities.
· If valleybreeze.com contracts with an outside research firm. In that case, we may provide information about you in order for the research firm to contact you regarding participating in surveys, focus groups or other research activities that will help us improve valleybreeze.com products and services. The research firm will be bound by its contract with valleybreeze.com to use your information strictly for valleybreeze.com research purposes, to keep your information confidential, and to adequately secure or destroy its records of your information when the research is complete so that information cannot be obtained by others.
In addition to disabling cookies and other tracking technologies as described above, you may opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from participating ad networks, audience segment providers, ad serving vendors, and other service providers by visiting websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance.
III. Use of User Information
How Is My Information Used by valleybreeze.com?
Personal information collected from you at valleybreeze.com, as well as information about traffic patterns and user behavior on the site, is used primarily for these purposes:
· To conduct internal research. We constantly are assessing who is using our site and how they are using it. This assists us in making decisions about how to improve the site and to better serve our users. Research data are aggregated and do not include data about specific individuals. We may share aggregated research (but not individual user information) with our advertisers or business partners. Additionally, valleybreeze.com may, at some time, use your personal information to contact you and ask if you would be willing to participate in a focus group, survey, or some other type of research effort.
· To tailor advertising efforts. Most of the information and services available to you at valleybreeze.com are free. In order to continue providing services free of charge, valleybreeze.com sells advertising. Advertisers prefer to target their efforts toward audiences who are likely to be interested in their product. Your personal information helps us tell advertisers in general terms how many people are using our site and the demographic attributes of the people using different parts of our site. This helps the advertisers and valleybreeze.com make a better decision about where to place advertising on the site. We never provide information about individual users to advertisers. However, if you choose to make a purchase from an advertiser on our site, that advertiser may collect personal information about you during the purchase process. Additionally, if you choose to purchase an advertisement that appears both on valleybreeze.com and in The Valley Breeze, The Valley Breeze & Observer, The North Providence Breeze newspapers, any information you provide during the purchase of that advertisement also will be provided to valleybreeze.com.
More specifically, here is how valleybreeze.com may use information you provide:
· E-mail addresses. If you supply valleybreeze.com with your e-mail address, either by registering on the site or by communicating with us via e-mail, we may, from time to time, send you information that we believe would be of interest to you via e-mail. This information may be from valleybreeze.com, The Valley Breeze, The Valley Breeze & Observer, The North Providence Breeze newspapers, or both.
- Postal addresses. If you supply valleybreeze.com with your postal address, we may send you periodic mailings with information on new products, coming events, surveys or other research materials, or other information we think might be of interest to you.
· Telephone numbers. If you give us your telephone number, valleybreeze.com may call you regarding orders you have placed online, or to tell you about new products or services, coming events, for research purposes, or to offer other information that may interest you.
What if I don't want valleybreeze.com to contact me?
You can opt out of any or all personal contacts from valleybreeze.com at any time. You may e-mail us at email@example.com. You may also write or call us at the following address and phone number to notify us regarding use of your information:
The Valley Breeze
6 Blackstone Valley Place, Suite #204
Lincoln, RI 02865
If, sometime in the future, valleybreeze.com decides to use your personal information in a way not described here, we will contact you beforehand to explain the use of the information and give you the opportunity to decline that use.
Some Web sites collect user information and create lists or databases of this user information. These lists or databases are sometimes sold to third parties under contractual agreements that place limits on how the purchasing parties can reuse the information. Currently, valleybreeze.com does NOT sell information about its users to third parties for any reason. If valleybreeze.com chooses to do so in the future, we will notify you beforehand and give you the opportunity to tell us whether you want to participate.
Cookies and how valleybreeze.com uses them
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred from a Web server through your browser and stored on the hard drive of your computer. The data in a cookie vary, depending on the reasons for the cookie. For example, if you have a special user name and password to log into a part of the valleybreeze.com site, the cookie may contain your user name and password so that when you log on, the Web server recognizes you.
As valleybreeze.com improves its service and offers its users more ability to customize their experience and the content they view, cookies may be used to assist in that personalization process.
IV. Security of Information
valleybreeze.com uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. When we transfer or receive certain types of sensitive information, such as financial information, we will redirect you to a secure server. We also have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you.
V. Accuracy of User Information
Making corrections to your personal information
Upon request, you can check on all information that we maintain about you, including unique identifier information, contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail), and any other information we maintain about you.
You can also request that inaccuracies be corrected in your contact information, financial information, unique identifiers, or any other information that we maintain.
Submit your request by contacting valleybreeze.com via e-mail, postal mail, or telephone.
You may telephone us at (401) 334-9555. You may also write to us at:
The Valley Breeze
6 Blackstone Valley Place, Suite #204
Lincoln, RI 02865
VI. Membership and Registration
valleybreeze.com may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of valleybreeze.com, including the availability of any portion of the content at any time, without notice or liability. valleybreeze.com may deny access to any person or user at any time for any reason.