NORTH PROVIDENCE – The North Providence Mancini Center, 2 Atlantic Blvd., announces the following programs.
• ROC Steady is a new chair exercise program designed especially for older adults who have complications standing during a fitness regimen. Seniors with balance deficits, injuries and disabilities will benefit from this class. Instructor Lisa Cruz will guide participants through her 45-minute light chair exercise class that will inspire and motivate you to move. ROC Steady will take place on Fridays beginning Oct. 8.
• The Unclaimed Property Program of Rhode Island General Treasurer Seth Magaziner originally scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 30, has been rescheduled to take place on Wednesday, Oct. 6, at 10 a.m. Members will have the opportunity to check their name for any unclaimed property belonging to them.
• Blood pressure screenings are available for members Thursday, Sept. 30, from 10 to 11 a.m.
• The Mancini Center is seeking volunteers to facilitate the Hi Lo Jack Leagues on Monday and Thursday afternoons. Call 401-231-0742, ext. 103, if you are interested.
• For class schedules, visit www.mancinicenter.com or call 401-231-0742.
• The Mancini Center is offering day trips and short excursions to senior members. Reservations are available for an upcoming show at the Newport Playhouse: Dec. 7, “A Christmas for Carol.” Show includes a surf & turf buffet lunch. Contact the Mancini Center at 401-231-0742 for details.
• Day Trips and excursions offered through RDC Tours include: Nov. 6, New England Christmas Festival at Mohegan Sun Expo Center; Nov. 7, Encore Casino in Boston; Nov. 27, New York City; Dec. 4, Christmas Prelude at Kennebunkport, Maine. Contact Richard Cece at 401-529-7802.